Have you noticed unusual bar codes appearing on various products lately?
They're called QR codes and they may just be the next clever marketing opportunity.
What are QR Codes?
Well, basically it's just a bar code that can store all sorts of information such as a link to a website. To read a QR code, all you need is a modern mobile phone that has:
- a camera
- an internet connection
Why would this interest me ?
It's suprising how many marketing opptunities QR codes open up. Here are just a few ideas:
- Concert Flyers - a customer wants a ticket, zaps the QR code on the flyer, ticket purchased!
- Business Cards - a client zaps the QR code on the back of the card, all the card details are automatically loaded into their phone.
- Vouchers - after a show, a fan zaps the QR code on the back of their ticket stub and receives a free mp3, downloaded direct to their phone.
The possibilities are endless! All you need is a camera-phone/device with internet access.
Let me have a go!
Simply follow these steps to download Didgeroo's contact details directly into your phone:
- On your phone, go to http://reader.didgeroo.com
- Accept the download and install the reader application
- Open the reader application, then scan this QR code (click to enlarge it):
- You will now see a vCard containing the contact details. Accept and save this to your address book.
- Note: iPhone's can not download vCards but can accept them via email, therefore if necessary you will be prompted for an email adress .
If you are interested in QR codes then please contact us.